Saturday, October 11, 2008

My 1 on 1's

As YWAM staff, I have been given four male students whom I meet with weekly.  The time is set apart so that the students can process the information from lectures.  It is also a time for discipleship which is a fancy word, but basically means a process of change.  We want to help guide students along on this journey called a DTS.  So far, I have met with every one of my 1 on 1's at least once.  I am so blessed to have a variety of guys.  They are at very different places and it will definitely challenge me.  
I have a guy from Norway named Kristoffer.  Kristoffer has had a rough time dealing with the death of a friend back home recently.  Luckily, he has two friends who are also doing a DTS with him here on the Sunshine Coast.  I also have Hans who is a 17 year old from Florida.  Hans feels a strong calling to missions.  I have a Swedish guy named Joppe.  Joppe is one of the funniest students we have and is so hungry to learn as well.  Last, I have Alex from Denmark.  Alex is a gentle giant.  He is very quiet, but I know he is eager to seek out God.  
One thing I noticed is that each student has so many questions.  Please pray for these students and ask God to give the wisdom.  They are all fun to be around and I'm so excited to start the week of lectures.  This coming week we are doing "Hearing God's Voice".  
  

No comments: