Friday, January 9, 2009

Painting and Teaching

We have now been in Cambodia for nearly 3 weeks.  As you know we have been working with a school  and orphanage set up by Assemblies of God Church.  We are nearly finished with painting the walls and teaching English to the Khmer children.  We have also had opportunities to host all of the school's chapels as well as join in the Sunday services at a local church.  The pastor of the church is probably the most kind person I have ever met.  He is so excited for us to be in fellowship with his church.  One things that has been challenging on this outreach is team unity.  We have 12 people from 5 different countries trying to serve beside one another.  We have been so blessed to have all these opportunities mentioned above.  Please keep us all in your prayers as we learn to serve beside each other and truly understand what missions are.  I don't know if I have shared this before, but I heard the best way to know if you have a servant's heart is to see how you react when someone treats you like one.  I think I have a long way to go.  
We have had a few people get sick including myself but I am feeling great now and most of our team is now in good health.  We leave here on Thursday the 15th and go to Thailand on the 17th.  We have another opportunity on the 16th in Phnom Penh to go to the city dump where children pick through the trash for food.  We are going to bring them food and hopefully play with them as well.  It should be a humbling experience.   

No comments: