Saturday, December 20, 2008

I'm leavin' on a jet plane

So this will be my last blog written from Australia for awhile.  I am literally hours away from driving to the airport to fly to Bangkok and then on to Phnom Penh, Cambodia.  So far we have only our first few days planned out.  We are spending Christmas in Phnom Penh and then making our way to our outreach destination which at the moment is unknown.  What is known is that we will more than likely be working with orphanage children and also working with churches while in Cambodia.  I must admit I am a little nervous as my American mindset is to try and have every step planned out for the next month.  However, we must be flexible going into a country in which relationships take priority over plans.  Our Cambodian contact has been working on setting us up with a place to serve in ministry and will likely have more information for us when we arrive.  Your prayers are most appreciated at this time as we are traveling and getting used to be around each other more.  Also, for trust that things we be more clear when we get there.  I am also nervous about leading 10 westerners into a country where it might be easy to complain and forget why we are there.  Thank you for your prayers.  I really wish everyone a Merry Christmas and I hope everyone is reminded of how truly blessed we are.  May we pass on the blessing to those who need it most.  

1 comment:

Monique said...

"However, we must be flexible going into a country in which relationships take priority over plans."

I love that, I wish our country could live more in that mindset, better yet, I wish I could live more in that mindset. I'll be praying for you and your team.