Monday, June 15, 2009

The countdown begins

These past few weeks have been flying by as I have been looking forward to the DTS starting here in a little over two weeks.  Currently, I am spending time at the YWAM offices trying to keep up on emails, scheduling people to come in, and organizing the first several weeks of staff training and the DTS.  It seems like a lot of work and it has been, but I definitely feel that things have fallen together so nicely for this next season.  

I have also gotten to spend some time with a few of my fellow staff members.  I get to work daily with my friend Ashlee who did a DTS with me in Jan 2007 here on the Sunshine Coast.  Her boyfriend Jeremy just left recently to go to Indonesia for six months where he wants to plant a YWAM base in the future and is living in the culture and learning the language to work towards his goal.  I have also gotten to know a guy named David who flew in to Australia from Nigeria only a few days ago.  His English is better than mine and I have learned so much about Africa from him also.  He plans on working here in the 10/20 ministry which works in the public schools with the chaplains to minister to kids between the ages of 10 and 20 on the Sunshine Coast.  One of the things I love about YWAM is that I have gotten to meet and become friends with people from all over the world.  Never would I have thought I would be getting to know such people.  

Keep me in your prayers as I am responsible for a lot that happens here at the base over the next few weeks and am working towards staff training starting on June 22nd.  Also, my girlfriend Brittany will be arriving very soon from the states and I am wanting her first few weeks to be a smooth transition into Australia.  I appreciate all of you and look forward to hearing from you.

No comments: