Monday, December 14, 2009

Engagement and Future

Hello Everyone,
There has been much happening in the past few weeks after outreach in India and have returned to the U.S. I had about a week and a half after the July school was over to take in Australia with my girlfriend Brittany. We rented a car and drove to Noosa Beach, Surfer's Paradise, and Byron Bay within the week and a half period. We also did some hiking and swimming. The rest of our time was spent with friends who I sorely miss already. I left Australia on December 3rd while Brittany left December 4th. Since returning home it has been a whirlwind. I have spent time with family and friends while planning a surprise engagement for Brittany.
The plan was to "fake her out" by taking a trip to the Grand Canyon for a couple days, however, due to weather we decided Sedona, Arizona would be just fine. After talking with her mom and some friends, we were able to organize a little surprise at her house on Saturday the 12th of December. We had a nice time in Sedona and did some hiking as well as sight seeing. Brittany was expecting the proposal the whole time but it would not come until later:) . After the 3 hour drive home, Britt seemed to be accepting the fact that the proposal would come later. She was so shocked and happy that it finally happened. As we entered the house she noticed all the faces in her living room. I got down on a knee and asked her to marry me and she said "YES"! It was a great surprise for her and I am so excited to start a new journey with her.
Thank you to everyone who has faithfully supported me through prayers and finances in YWAM. I would like to let everyone know that I will be having a night where Britt & I can share about this last DTS. I will be postponing that date until January because of the craziness of the holiday season. I look forward to re-connecting with many of you and telling you about what God is doing and has done. One thing I would like to tell everyone is to please stop sending any support to YWAM Tyler. God has provided for my needs so faithfully and I am so thankful to everyone who has been so gracious. Never was I in a position where I had to ask for more from anyone. As a matter of fact I was challenged many times to give more to others who had more needs than myself. Like I have said before, "God has blessed so that we may bless others."
To let everyone know I am currently trying to figure out a plan for this next year. On top of getting married, I also need to find a job and move out. As you can imagine I am nervous, excited, and overwhelmed. Please keep me in your prayers not that everything would work out like a plan, but that I will trust God. I feel like this next season will be a time in which God challenges me to live like I have been teaching students to live the past two years.
I will leave you with a verse that I shared with the July 2009 DTS at their graduation. It comes from Ephesians 2:10 "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

No comments: