Sunday, November 9, 2008

Week of Prayer

This past week, the entire DTS and staff participated in a week of 24/5 prayer.  From Monday to Friday, everyone was given two hour prayer slots.  Every staff had a group of students with whom they prayed with every day during these slots.  A couple of nights, my team had the 2-4 am slots.  It was hard to wake up for it, but it was actually a great experience.  I think the students really got a chance to see what God would do in their lives and others through prayer.  I know I was challenged to not think about myself and try to focus on things outside of me.  
We also had night time sessions every night from 7-9 pm in which we had lots of music, lectures, and prayer.  I think the students and staff were challenged to go all out during the week.  This week is pretty tiring especially when you have middle of the night prayer slots.  But it was a good week.
Also, we had a chance to get together with our outreach team going with us to Cambodia and Thailand.  We talked about what stresses us the most and how to handle it on outreach.  I tried to explain how outreach brings out the real "us".  We no longer have the comfort of home and space to keep us from really getting to know each other.  It's going to be a challenging time, but it changes people.  I know because the experience changed me too.  
Well, it's now nearly halfway through lecture phase of the DTS.  I am hitting the "wall" and need prayer to keep focus and not get burnt out.  There is so much I still need to do for outreach and also keep up with my one on ones and small group duties.  It seems like there is never enough time!  Thank you for your continued support and prayers.

No comments: